Data Use Agreement
Throughout the following agreement, The Center for Conservation Biology, will be referred to as “CCB” and persons using data on the CCB website will be known as “Data Users”. Data provided on these web pages may be used for academic or other professional purposes subject to the following terms:
Data Users will:
- Notify CCB when any derivative work based on or derived from the data and documentation is distributed. Nofify us by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (757) 221-1645,
- Notify users that such derivative work is a modified version and not the original data and documentation distributed by CCB,
- Not redistribute original CCB data and documentation,
- Acknowledge the support of CCB, and
By using or copying these data and documentation, the Data User agrees to abide by the terms of this agreement. CCB shall have the right to terminate this agreement immediately by written notice upon the Data User’s breach of, or non-compliance with, any of its terms. The Data User may be held responsible for any misuse that is caused or encouraged by the Data User’s failure to abide by the terms of this agreement.
Thank you for your cooperation.
CONTENT IS PROTECTED BY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS
Text and image files, audio and video clips, data and other content on this website is the property of The Center for Conservation Biology (CCB) and may be protected by copyright and other restrictions as well. Copyrights and other proprietary rights in the content on this website may also be owned by individuals and entities other than, and in addition to, CCB. CCB expressly prohibits the copying of any protected materials on this website, except for the purposes of fair use as defined in the copyright law, and as described below.
FAIR USE IS PERMITTED
Fair use of copyrighted material includes the use of protected materials for non-commercial educational purposes, such as teaching, scholarship, criticism, commentary, news reporting, and other content. Unless otherwise noted, Data Users who wish to download or print text and image files from this Web site for such uses may do so without CCB’s express written permission, provided that they comply with the following conditions:
- The content may only be used for personal, educational or noncommercial purposes.
- Data Users must cite the author and source of the content as they would material from any printed work.
- The citation of any data or maps used must include all copyright information and other information associated with the content and the URL for the CCB webpage from which the data was taken.
- None of the data or content may be altered or modified.
- Data Users must comply with all other terms or restrictions which may be applicable to the individual file, data, image or text.
COMMERCIAL USE IS RESTRICTED
Unauthorized commercial publication or exploitation of text, images or content of this website is specifically prohibited. Anyone wishing to use any of these files or images for commercial use, publication, or any purpose other than fair use as defined by law, must request and receive prior written permission from CCB. Permission for such use is granted on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of CCB. A usage fee may be assessed depending on the type and nature of the proposed use.
The text and data on this website are provided “as is” without a warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, and/or non-infringement. CCB assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any damage caused by the use of information provided.